1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Quick Stereo Speakers Question

Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 AM
luckyfox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Quick Stereo Speakers Question

Replacing the for the first time in the car today.

Purchasing, returning home, and replacing.

I've done the head unit myself (remember that way back when? ) and hadn't bothered with the speakers at the time , as the previous owner had obviously spilled a soda all over the head unit prior to the sell and quite frankly... I must have my music.

Getting to the point...

What are the speaker dimensions? I'd rather not have to poke around before I even buy the speakers. So what are the sizes?

AND, any warnings or anything I should know about ahead of time?

Thanks!
-Lucky

PS- What is the most ridiculous thing you've seen done to an Avenger? I have a list... White dodge avenger that upon closer inspection, had been painted with house paint and a roller. An Avenger that had a bad sunroof, the the owner had simply 'sealed it' with epoxy. One owner wasn't willing to buy new lenses or resurface the lens. So he removed the headlight assembly in it's entirety, and replaced them with foglamps from an auto store. (THAT was scary...)... And my personal favorite. The one with the window that wouldn't stay up. So they duct-taped the window to keep it from going further down, then had used a BLACK (for that tinted look?) garbage bag to weather proof it (I guess).

Amazing.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Avenger1996
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally used 6x9 Polk audio speakers in the back but i would recommend making your own wiring pig tail with the old plugs off the OEM speakers that is what i did for the doors i used 6.5 inch rounds with some modification again making a pigtail is a wise choice in my opinion and again these are simply what i used rather right or not and had little to no trouble with them after modding the door mounts

Old 04-06-2010, 08:39 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tweeters are 3 1/8" Bose 301/601/901 tweets are exact replacement
doors are 6 3/4" 6 1/2's are able to work redrilling required
rear deck are 6X9's need to remove 10mm bolts from under the rear deck , then remove grills and they screw in from the top

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick Stereo Speakers Question