1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

1999 Dodge Avenger just died and will not start back.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 07:37 PM
mcminn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Avenger just died and will not start back.

My daughter drives a 1999 Dodge Avenger. A couple days ago she was going up the entrance ramp for the interstate and out of the blue it dies on her. I towed it home and started doing what little i know to do to a car. So here's where Im at, I made sure ot had fuel... You know how teenagers are.... It had gas. Then made sure the fuel pump was working, It was. Next, I checked to make sure I was getting fire. I had no good fire condition from the spark plug wires. I bought a new distribter ( not cheap ) This still had no effect on starting of the car. I hooked it up to a code checker that I purchased from walmart and all it does is as soon as it starts the scan it goes to:
Control Model
$40
$41
I try to read the codes for it but it says theres no codes saved for $40 or $41. I hooked the same checker up to my truck and my wifes car and when it started the scan it showed what the car was and the vin for the car. Does this sound like a computer problem? Any help I get will be greatly appreciate. Thank You

Old 09-12-2018, 07:23 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I've never heard of obd codes $40, $41. OBD codes start with a "P". What kind of code reader are you using?

Old 09-12-2018, 02:43 PM
mcminn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its a autel autolink AL329.

Its a autel autolink AL329 scanner. It reads p codes on all the other vehicles ive tried it on. When testing this car it doesn't even read the model of the car or the vin. It just goes straight to that screen. When i press check codes on the $40 and the $41 it shows no stored codes for both.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:24 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried replacing the ASD relay ? that's another likely cause of no spark

Last edited by bad venge; 11-04-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Avenger just died and will not start back.