DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Dakota general discussion (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-general-discussion-150/)
-   -   What you hate about your Dakota. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-general-discussion/231271-what-you-hate-about-your-dakota.html)

Az93DKota 02-03-2010 03:56 AM

What you hate about your Dakota.

I hate the fact that I have a 5.2L v8 with a small ass 22 gallon gas tank. :icon_no:

97Dodge 02-03-2010 08:30 AM

I hate that its not a 5.9

festerw 02-03-2010 08:52 AM

The cup holders that are only big enough for a can.

rolla91 02-03-2010 10:46 AM

I hate that my dakota didnt come with a lift, lockers, and 33"s stock.. :icon_wink:

Gummer 02-03-2010 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Az93DKota (Post 1980339)
I hate the fact that I have a 5.2L v8 with a small ass 22 gallon gas tank. :icon_no:

I dont know what you Americans are talking about. Ya buy gas in Liters!

I do not hate it has such a small tank... I just hate that it does such a short distance on that tank :(

95_318SLT 02-03-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by festerw (Post 1980462)

+1 to that!!! I hate those cupholders. At least I have the bucket seats with the center console so I can put larger cups in the center console (and drive carefully so they don't turn over!)

Lets see, I also hate the crappy peeling paint chrysler used back then... but I took care of that.

I hate the lack of tie downs that came in the bed... but I took care of that.

I hate the IFS... but I'm taking care of that.

I hate all the little electrical bugs that pop up randomly... haven't ever bothered looking for the cause of those.

I hate the limited aftermarket for our trucks (but I love the huge aftermarket for our engines... something the later 4.7 guys are missing out on!)... but that just leaves room for custom fabrication!

MustangMabry 02-03-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT (Post 1980741)
+1 to that!!! I hate those cupholders. At least I have the bucket seats with the center console so I can put larger cups in the center console (and drive carefully so they don't turn over!)

Lets see, I also hate the crappy peeling paint chrysler used back then... but I took care of that.

I hate the lack of tie downs that came in the bed.

I hate all the little electrical bugs that pop up randomly... haven't ever bothered looking for the cause of those.

I hate the limited aftermarket for our trucks (but I love the huge aftermarket for our engines... something the later 4.7 guys are missing out on!)... but that just leaves room for custom fabrication!

I agree with all that, plus i hate that my damn a/c just went out and that my heater core is FUBARed.

And the 6-lug wheel pattern. Why couldn't it be a five lug like the pre '91s.

Crazy4x4RT 02-03-2010 01:27 PM

All I have to say I hate not having enough money/ time to modify the truck the way I want.

All the little things can be perfected with time and money.

Originally Posted by festerw (Post 1980462)

All you have to do is gut the inside. That is what I did now I can fit big cups.

The true thing I hate is the small front diff. It scares me, I know one day I will blow it offroading. SAS will come in 5-10yrs with good behavior.

Az93DKota 02-03-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by MustangMabry (Post 1980795)
I agree with all that, plus i hate that my damn a/c just went out and that my heater core is FUBARed.

And the 6-lug wheel pattern. Why couldn't it be a five lug like the pre '91s.

Yes!!!!

LO 619 02-03-2010 06:30 PM

The lack of aftermarket parts and rarity of other parts.

The way the door panels and clips are designed.

The factory paint that I've seen and the colors.