1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Bad news for me and the Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
jacobxstanley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad news for me and the Dakota

i just got word that my grandpa's trans went out in his work truck and is going to cost 2 grand to fix. since my dad works for him, my dad wont be getting paid, and the dakota they bought for me wont be getting fixed. My dad said that it would be almost impossible to find another motor for it, (i dont disagree with my dad, even when i REALLY want to) so they are going to try to sell it for like $400-$500 i guess. hopefully i can find another dakota on craigslist or something and get that later on down the road. but for now, its looking like its bye-bye dakota

Old 08-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry that happens! Ya just keep an eye out. Craigslist is a great place to find deals.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 AM
issakar
Captain

yea man that sucks. It seems like dakotas get listed in our craigslist (detroit, lansing, jackson, gr, kzoo etc) in waves. I remember when i was looking for one it was a long time of nothing then like 4 popped up! Keep an eye on it.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:05 PM
jacobxstanley

Originally Posted by issakar
yea man that sucks. It seems like dakotas get listed in our craigslist (detroit, lansing, jackson, gr, kzoo etc) in waves. I remember when i was looking for one it was a long time of nothing then like 4 popped up! Keep an eye on it.
Yeah, theres a couple on craigslist now, but since money is an issue, the ones worth it are just out of reach.

Quick Reply: Bad news for me and the Dakota