1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

TailgatersContinued.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:27 AM
89newbie
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TailgatersContinued.

Mrs Newbie now has found 3 million candlepower spots! Chit In gonna need a spare battery just to keep moving rofl..Oh no she want to shoot out their tires, after she blinds em. Im gonna be in trouble!! Keep in mind all this from a granma!

Old 12-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice! Blind those punks!
I got a 3 mil spot light too. I love it. I use it when offroading at night and need to lightup the side trails ect.

Once some kids were doing donuts in the parking lot behind my house at 3am. Maybe 5-6 cars. I drove down and shined the spot light on them. They took off so fast, thinking I was a cop about to bust them.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:20 AM
DAKOTAJIM
Professional

Get her a paint gun and then she can paint their windshield so they can't chase you down. Hope you dont live in a small town.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:18 PM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by DAKOTAJIM
Get her a paint gun and then she can paint their windshield so they can't chase you down. Hope you dont live in a small town.
Oh no I gotta stop tellin her, her first reply as " that will take the windshield out of play, that lead to other female thoughts, now she is thinkin pipe bomb instead, u tube has it all.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:05 PM
DAKOTAJIM
Professional

NO! NO! You don't want to hurt them just teach them a lesson about common road courtesy. Believe me once they spend a hour cleaning the paint ball paint off their car they will think twice about tailgateing.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
brihno360
Amateur

the paint ball thing is considered assault in some states (ORE) and the light thing works really well. my cousin and I blasted some jerk in the face with a powerful light and he swerved all over the place and backed off.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 PM
DAKOTAJIM
Professional

Well i didn't think about it being assualt but i guess your right. On another note if you blind somebody with a light and they swerve into another car they could really hurt or kill somebody. There has to be a safe way to deter these tailgaters without causing damage or bodily harm. Of course the police would tell you to pull over and let them pass and don't let them pull you down to their level by catching up to them and becoming the tailgater we hate so much. A thought just occured to me, what about very loud train horns mounted under the rear bumper and blast the *hit out of them. That might just make them have to change their shorts. I'll keep thinking about it and keep you upto date on any new ideas.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:42 PM
oxygen454
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I still like the idea of driving on the side of the road throwing up some gravel lol

Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 AM
89newbie
Captain

I do pull over. These peps are nuts. Very bad road had one pass me driving a rice burner and he was gone in 60 seconds. With the turns,the creek, the deerI just am amaized athow stupid some are. I do like the idea of the horns.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:01 PM
89newbie
Captain

K. Listen up on this one, Last nightn going 30 in 35 deer all over the place, Jerk in Propane truck right on the bumper, yep deer jumped out I hit shoulder and brakes. Mr. Propane truck got stopped alongside me If I hadnt hit the shoulder it would have been bye bye to the 89. Called the cops 911 biach replied " Ill talk to my super". As she was talking Mr Propane drove back down the road, toward town with his friggin lights off!!!