1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

i know its a little late but

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i know its a little late but

ya'll know the man van i had? that a lot of people told me to get rid of...lol
Name:  IMAG0470.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  139.9 KB
well, as of the 1st of the year i got to welcome a new(slightly used) vehicle to the parking lot that is known as my driveway.

Name:  IMAG0255_zpsbe316427.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  143.8 KB

she's a 2010 gmc sierra 4x4 with just over 40k on the odometer(had 35k when she came home). just in time for fuel to rise to 4.25/gal.

and yes she has active fuel management which is awesome when cruising on the highway. my last 500mile trip i averaged 30mpg on the highway.

word of advice. the stealerships are telling people to bring their vehicles in for oil changes around 8k miles. i have a couple friends who work for gm and are swearing up and down that the new gm's are having engine failure due to this.

Last edited by shadowthedakota; 06-08-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice truck! 30mpg that is great! I'm looking to get a Diesel soon, this beast of a truck is eating to much gas while towing. I got the motorcycle for everyday driving, the Dakota is only driven once a week if anything now days.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice. i got my diesel ford for towing. non turbo idi, slow as **** but will pull just about anything. the only downfall is its a 3spd auto so when im not pulling she sucks fuel on the highway. i would drive my kz550 daily but one of my jobs requires having a car because i cant haul window cleaning supplies on the back of a bike lol.

and i got the carb for my dakota just gotta mate it to the manifold and change the distributor or lock it out. next projects either going to be a different motor or sold axles. unless i get that durango which then i would be grabbing the axles/trans/transfer case and scrapping the truck.

Quick Reply: i know its a little late but