1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

an interesting turn of events.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default an interesting turn of events.

so i was driving down the road into town minding my own when i happened upon a dead animal in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic and no way to avoid it.

so i did what any other driver, who didn't want blood and guts all over their car, would do....i centered it with the car so the tires wouldn't hit. well at 45m/h i heard a loud thunk and my car got super louder.

turns out i hit a 15lb turtle and ripped the exhaust off the car. never thought i would see a big *** turtle by my house. well after a couple phone calls the humane society and the sheriffs came out and the turtle survive but had a cracked shell. so they took him in to fix him up and will return him to the wild.

so i just spent the last hour rewelding the exhaust back onto the car.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That's crazy! Glad you, and it were safe.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:18 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

i didnt think we had turtles that big over here. the humane society said that he is on his way to a full recovery.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turtles are kinda in trouble with shrinking habitat and environmental pressures. Good that you stopped and called the appropriate authorities to come out and help the poor thing.

When I was a kid (before Nixon, let us say. . .) my dad would occasionally bring home box turtles. We would harass them for a day or two (gently play with them) and then let them go.

Sorry about the exhaust, doesn't sound too serious tho.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:16 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

yeah turns out there were 2 of them over here and the other one didnt fare to well. i found it laying in the middle of the county road crushed like someone purposely tried to run it over.

Quick Reply: an interesting turn of events.