1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

My first 1st Gen Dak.. Some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Moosetank
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first 1st Gen Dak.. Some questions

Hello Everyone!
My name is James - just moved from Texas to Virginia a few weeks ago and after getting here and running through Craigslist daily I found a steal..
1993 Dak LE CC 3.9 v6 auto - $300 cash.
truck runs and can drive but needs a brake line to the rear and the rack and pinion needed replaced..
so on Friday I decided I'd yank out the rack and go grab one over this weekend but when attempting to remove it.. it yanked the entire steering shaft out.. it was seized together by rust.

so I have been searching as hard as possible to find a steering shaft online but no luck... so yesterday I went to work and busted my *** to get it unseized... so I got the top section of the steering shaft off and slid back up through the firewall back to the steering wheel but the lower section is garbage..
so does anyone know where you can find the lower steering shaft??
I know junk yards or a fab shaft but just seeing if there is a manufacturer that builds them..

Attached Thumbnails My first 1st Gen Dak.. Some questions-img_20160703_092417.jpg   My first 1st Gen Dak.. Some questions-fb_img_1467409486968.jpg  
Old 07-03-2016, 02:00 PM
djibara
Professional

Did you check Rock Auto?

Old 07-03-2016, 08:36 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're not on rock auto...dorman makes a lower for gen iii but I don't think anything exists for gen I aftermarket. Should be able to snag one in a junk yard...87 to 95s all used the same lower part number looking at moparts.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Moosetank

yeah that's what I'm thinking.
there is a local yard that has 2 daks out there.. gonna go check them out.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Toyota_Concept

2017 Toyota Tacoma Pick-Up Concept, Release, Price. FRA-tuned FOX Internal Bypass shocks give you the ultimate in performance and control. Comes with a 2.5-in aluminium housing, hardened, oversize shock shafts and remote backup available in the back...
http://www.toyotaconcept.net/wp-cont...se-600x300.jpg

http://www.toyotaconcept.net/2017-to...and-price.html

Quick Reply: My first 1st Gen Dak.. Some questions