1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Zimmer Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 AM
fishlessman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zimmer Dakota?

ive seen those addons a couple times for the duelly, even seen one on ebay on the convertible. what i remember is that it was a kit you could buy unlike the 89 to 91 convertibles and the stepsides that dodge had done by a third party, i think the convertibles were all put on thru asc (american sunroof company)but were commissioned by dodge as a limitedd edition, they were not aftermarkets.
http://pub13.bravenet.com/forum/1111027943/

Old 03-18-2008, 12:03 PM
dolfans
Rookie

i live in north carolina and i have sone this type of truck

Old 03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
95gotmagnum?

There is one in my hometown at a local junk yard, Its the owners truck and it drives but its a 2nd Gen truck Like a 97 or a 98... its yellow and infact has two wheels in the back like a dually but its a single cab dakota!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:38 PM
alterboy
Rookie

Aftermarket or custom I want to crossover my 96 to the bed, rear axle, and the running boards.I have more pics of this truck if anyone is interested. If anyone has any leads I would grealty appreciate it.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:52 PM
AirForceGuy
Rookie

I found this on dodgedakotas.com.................

Subject: 1987 dodge zimmer
IP:

I FINALLY GOT THE INFO I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR, ONE OF THE GEARHEADS INFORMED ME I HAD A DAKOTA THAT SOMEONE THREW A J.C. WHITNEY CATOLG AT?? IT ENDS UP IT'S A PACKAGE, INSTALLED ON LESS THAN 40 DODGE DAKOTAS BY ZIMMER MOTOR VANS AND THEY WERE SOLD NEW BY THE DEALERS WITH THE PACKAGE ALREADY ON THEM! MINE HAS 12" WIDE TIRES ON THE BACK, WITH DUALLIE FENDERS AND 10" WIDE ON THE FRONT. SWAY BARS AND HEAVIER SHOCKS, RUNNING BOARDS AND A FIBERGLASS LIGHT BAR. A FIBERGLASS HOOD,WITH SCOOP WAS ADDED LATER. I CONTACTED THE ENGINEER THAT DESIGNED AND BUILT IT-- DON JOHNSON-- HE'S BEEN INVOLVED IN ENGINEERING AND BUILDING HOT RODS FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS! PRESENTLY HE'S INVOLVED IN AVELATE AUTO NEAR SEATTLE, BUILDING CUSTOM CORVETTES! WILL HAVE COFFEE WITH HIM IN THE AM, ONLY A 2 HR. DRIVE FROM HERE. PICTURES AVAILABLE. rbw@willapabay.org TRKDRVR

Quick Reply: Zimmer Dakota?