1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Roll call! Post up Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 PM
zirbs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok its running again http://s1204.photobucket.com/profile...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24 a few things left to do still

Name:  052.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  79.5 KB

Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
dobaroy
Veteran

Coming from Ontario, Canada Here's our '93 Dak, 5.2 4x4 Auto with 2" hockey puck lift.
Name:  DSC02444.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  185.9 KB

Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Sauxon
Professional

Zirbs, thats only the 2nd time I have seen those rims. Just saw a truck like yours getting pulled on the trailer the other day.

dobaroy, I like your side steps. I have the same ones but they are not painted. I have had tons of offers for them

Old 01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
88Express

This is my first post, I need some help with my truck and don't know where to post, but thought I'd show you guys my truck since it's kinda interesting. It's an 88 Dakota Express 4x4.

Attached Thumbnails Roll call! Post up Pics!!!-img_0005-1-.jpg  
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Moparkid13
Rookie

Originally Posted by 88Express
This is my first post, I need some help with my truck and don't know where to post, but thought I'd show you guys my truck since it's kinda interesting. It's an 88 Dakota Express 4x4.
Where did you get the light bar.? How is it mounted? Very nice truck!!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 AM
88Express

Hi Moparkid, I got the light bar off of eBay. It's made of aluminum so it's really light (no pun intended), and I honestly wouldn't recommend the bar itself. The metal isn't thick enough to tighten the bolts to a point where you can't adjust the angle it sits at with your hands. It's design is clever though; it uses hooks and clamps into the rain gutters above the doors. I do approve of the lamps though. They're generic unbranded chrome lamps and I switched the original 130W bulbs out for some 150W ones. I don personally have a need for something like KC or hella, and these work great. My Dakota had a hole in the roof already for the car phone antenna so I removed that and ran the wiring through that, and to a switch panel on the knee board under my steering wheel that was originally for the Express package's fog lights. I can find the eBay shops I used if you're interested.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 AM
89newbie
Captain

Nice truck. We have an 89 sport, seems from the pic you have the dakota badge on the fenders and a 4x4 emblem. Our Dak emblem is on the hood and the 4x4 is painted on, I like them on the fender more really good location.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 AM
dobaroy
Veteran

That's a real different looking Dakota. NICE! What is the problem you are having?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:13 AM
88Express

Thanks 89newbie, I do like the badges on the fenders. I have the Dakota badge missing on the passenger side still, it was loose so I took it off and put it inside so as not to have it fall off while driving. They're very thick badges, you have one on the hood? I've always wanted a ram head on my hood like my dad's truck (he has a Ram 1500).

Hi dobaroy, thanks for the compliment, and the interest in helping. I just added pictures of the original window stickers for the truck to my garage album. I've taken a video and uploaded it to youtube, in an attempt to get help. My truck seems to idle just fine, but it eventually starts smoking. It smells like possibly oil? And if I give it gas, it starts clanking very loudly. I'm worried because the engine does have high miles (210k plus)
edit: sorry I removed the link, I know some sites don't like youtube links. If you search my youtube account PushAmerican it's the only video I have. Sorry everybody I'm still really new to this.
Sorry for the quality I only have an iPod touch to take video and pictures with.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by 88Express
Thanks 89newbie, I do like the badges on the fenders. I have the Dakota badge missing on the passenger side still, it was loose so I took it off and put it inside so as not to have it fall off while driving. They're very thick badges, you have one on the hood? I've always wanted a ram head on my hood like my dad's truck (he has a Ram 1500).

Hi dobaroy, thanks for the compliment, and the interest in helping. I just added pictures of the original window stickers for the truck to my garage album. I've taken a video and uploaded it to youtube, in an attempt to get help. My truck seems to idle just fine, but it eventually starts smoking. It smells like possibly oil? And if I give it gas, it starts clanking very loudly. I'm worried because the engine does have high miles (210k plus)
edit: sorry I removed the link, I know some sites don't like youtube links. If you search my youtube account PushAmerican it's the only video I have. Sorry everybody I'm still really new to this.
Sorry for the quality I only have an iPod touch to take video and pictures with.
Mrs. N wants a ram head on hers, found a guy that will sell his from his ram but it looked to me like the ridge in the ram hood would just not look right on her Dak hood.

Quick Reply: Roll call! Post up Pics!!!