DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-tech-66/)
-   -   I want honest opinons... (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-tech/200736-i-want-honest-opinons.html)

95_318SLT 05-15-2009 04:00 AM

I want honest opinons...

1 Attachment(s)
I was playing around with photoshop today and decided to try out different colors on my truck. My favorite is this one... a high gloss hemi orange. It's not a picture of the entire truck cause I didn't have one with a good enough backdrop or lighting, but it'll give you an idea (the picture is a close-up of the window tints I did this past week). I'm hoping to re-skin all the banged up body parts and re-paint my entire truck later this summer after the second summer session classes are out...

Attachment 106567

dodgerules86 05-15-2009 04:42 AM

I think it doesn't look as good as my trucks' red.
J/K. Looks good. Definitely different.

ModT 05-15-2009 06:43 AM

I think that color would look so good, and I dont think theres a 1st gen dakota that color yet. It look good

Crazy4x4RT 05-15-2009 09:24 AM

It is different. It's not to bad. But I'm not a big fan of colors that say look at me! Those colors are for mustangs owners who have no self confidence and need the car to pick up girls instead of them selfs. I personally love the dark blue you have. I say keep it the same!

RockGuardedDak 05-15-2009 10:14 AM

i like it. the color is a little strong and standoutish like crazy said, but i like it, theres a couple 2nd gens in my area that are close to the hemi orange. i personally dont think i would do it tho. draws too much attention...

95_318SLT 05-15-2009 02:25 PM

Thanks guys, I think I agree with ya'll. It would look good on a show truck, but it's probably a little too much for a daily driver.

btw Crazy, my truck is actually emerald green... I know it looks blue in most of my pictures, but the green its a lot more obvious in the direct sunlight.

Dakota1089 05-15-2009 02:38 PM

Ya i agree i like yur truck in the "emerald green" lol. It looks kick as* like that!

95_318SLT 05-15-2009 02:55 PM

Lol, why are you gonna laugh at me calling my truck "emerald green?" The factory dodge paint code on my truck is PGF, which is emerald green... look it up, thats what dodge calls it :P The only reason I know that is cause I painted it all over last summer.

Dakota1089 05-15-2009 03:42 PM

No im jus laughing cuz you were like well its actually emerald green crazy, haha and it just made me laugh. Dunno why. But ya i remeber you just painted it as well so although that orange looks sweet and wouldnt be to common on our truck you paint is still new and shinny :). Also i dont think its only for a show truck, i think if you want your daily driver a flashy kick AS* Color why not. As for guys who paint there mustangs to pick up chicks thats a diff story crazy, lol. But i do agree w/ you on that

1shotjake 05-15-2009 07:07 PM

well if you do chose to paint it (which I think the orange is awesome... but not so DD friendly...) can i have your "emerald green?" lol

... wouldn't paint be so much nicer if it actually worked like that