1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Early opinion info....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:42 AM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, definately use a sanding block. Never sand with your fingers or it will show through cause they arent flat.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
pashadowops
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LO 619
You mentioned about not seeing dents without the shiny paint, if I go flat black will that cover the smallest dings and dents pretty well? Theres more than a few some are deep and others are really faint but..
I've noticed that black in general, flat or glossy shows dents, albeit not as much on the flat. Like, they don't wave at you as you go by but, they kinda just say hi....know wadda I mean?

Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 PM
LO 619
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pashadowops
I've noticed that black in general, flat or glossy shows dents, albeit not as much on the flat. Like, they don't wave at you as you go by but, they kinda just say hi....know wadda I mean?
Yeah I've always thought gloss black showed dents pretty badly, but haven't seen enough flat black cars or trucks but don't doubt you are right on that one.... but hey I want it flat black lol it's in my head so it must be done.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LO 619
Yeah I've always thought gloss black showed dents pretty badly, but haven't seen enough flat black cars or trucks but don't doubt you are right on that one.... but hey I want it flat black lol it's in my head so it must be done.
Thats all that matters! Paint it the color you want it. But, just an fyi since it was brought up, white hides dents, dings, and ripples in the metal the best out of every color.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Wishihadahonda
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
Thats all that matters! Paint it the color you want it. But, just an fyi since it was brought up, white hides dents, dings, and ripples in the metal the best out of every color.

exactly which is why when i repaint my truck it will be white lol. i had it painted when i bought it a little over a year ago and its already chipping in alot of places goddamn single stage enamel paint. i told the body shop i wanted a base coat clear coat too grrrr

Quick Reply: Early opinion info....