1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:38 PM
matt poker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling

I've got a 1995 Dakota SLT with a 3.9. Recently, it has started stalling when I'm slowing down/coming to a stop. Putting it in neutral doesn't do anything, so I've ruled out the tranny. I had codes 12, 32, and 55. The EGR valve was replaced 4 months ago, so I cleaned it and that code went away. I've replaced the IAC recently as well. The truck also seems to lack some power, and I've noticed the oil pressure isnt asa high it had been (oil pump replaced recently). Any suggestions are welcome, as I'm out of ideas. Thanks

Matt Poker

Old 03-07-2010, 01:58 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Replace the IAC again. If you replaced it recently, it might be under warrenty? Reset the computer when you put the new one it.

If that doesn't work, you could test the TPS. Should read around .7 volts at idle and anything between 3.5-5 volts at WOT. Test it with a voltmeter and the engine off. Also do a full sweep... if there are any blank spots the sensor is bad.

If the sensor is ok, replace your 02 sensor. If that doesn't fix it replace the ECT and IAT sensors.

Quick Reply: Stalling