1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Parking Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:31 PM
fruguppercut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Brake Problems

Hello, I recently bought a 1996 Dakota from an auction. Everything works great except for a minor problem with the parking brake. The brake will work but only if you push it down very hard, and the parking brake light stays on even when the brake is off. Also, when I was driving it down a dirt road I noticed a slight rattling sound. I stopped to check it out and part of the brake cord (it seems to connect to the left and right brake) was dragging. It doesnt seem like a major problem but It'd be nice to get it fixed.

My AC is also acting a little strange. It works fine when you're cruising down the highway, but as soon as you slow down the AC will decrease its power until it eventually goes off. But it will increase as you speed up. I thought maybe it was a messed up fan or something was blocked but wasnt sure.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:27 AM
pioneerbirdy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parking Brake Problems

The e brake system should probably be replaced. if your a do it your selfer buy a haynes maanual for your truck and is should walk you through it.

Quick Reply: Parking Brake Problems