1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

My Truck....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keilkravec
You can, not sure if you can get it lit the same way as factory without dumping different gauges in though, least from the pictures I have seen of it everything is the same color down to the needles.
What do you mean? Can't I just change out bulbs and it be different color but same lighting?

Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie
Thumbs up Colored instrument cluster bulbs??

Hey Austin, Yes you can!! there are several places that offer the colored cluster bulbs, below are just a few places....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...nstrument.html

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

Old 10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional
Cool

Originally Posted by oldiebutgoodie
Hey Austin, Yes you can!! there are several places that offer the colored cluster bulbs, below are just a few places....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...nstrument.html

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

Alright I'll do that another time soon enough lol but went to Wally World and got an amp and wiring kit for the truck lol and got a video game for myself haha

Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Subs and amp hooked up What a difference it makes lol gonna get the thermo stat and gasket tomorrow and She should be done for awhile lol

Old 10-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Welp got the gasket an thermostat put on runs good, also cleaned and polished up the wheels and vacuumed and cleaned the interior. Cleaned out the bed and now she's all pretty lol but there's some probs tailgate wont open and wipers won't engage... Wipper motor works fine an can see the part where it hooks up to the blades mechanism, that's we're it broke. Fix that some other time lol now the tailgate, the right side rod somehow popped out and only one side works, ahh I believe it's gonna be a pain in the butt...oh we'll I'm in for a rest and watching the race.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie

Man you have got alot done on her....Good job on hooking up the amp & subs....And there is nothing like making her shine...Especially the wheels. Mine just have to bling.lol. I spent most of my day cleaning & tinkering on my 99 F350 4-door 7.3L Turbo powerstoker diesel (compounded and waxed it, vacuumed, Windex-ed the windows, Tightend up the oil pan bolts it had a small leak (glad it wasnt the rear main seal leaking) and I used 3 cans of flat black in the fender wheels area (so looks like new under there again), and I polished the wheels with mothers metal polish...Now Im beat!!! time to kick back and then knock back some

Well, on the wipers, Hopefully its just a bad bushing on the wiper arm (pretty easy fix)....But Dang, the whole shaft popped out the tail gate? Like the rod fell off on the inside of tail gate? or the little open & close latch on the edge of the tailgate popped out?
If the rod just fell off on the inside of the tail gate, that will just be a plastic bushing that broke (pretty easy to fix also)
But if the open/close latch itself on the edge of the gate popped out...you might have to just get that at a junk yard (cheaper that way)
I just always keep mine lubed up (white lithium grease in a spray can) to prevent that from happening, and it keeps everything working smooth like butter

Old 10-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Yea I guess so lolol ontol of working on the truck all day, I went and played a football game, boy did I take a beating ontop of what happened before in em. Lol and ill get to look at the wiper situation tomorrow, the tailgate issue is : it wouldn't open so I took the plate that covers the latch on the indie off, I got to too looking and the rod that goes to the part were it meets the bed has came apart or something. Is there anyway to get the tailgate off with it stuck as it is?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:43 AM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie
Default tail gate!!!

Hummmm, If I remember right on that year you just have a smaller plate that comes off on the inside of the tail gate to expose the back side of the open/close latch ( like 8" x 8" inch, or something like that?)......hopefully you can fit your hand & arm in there to grab the rod that fell off to pull on it to get it open...If not, get a pen pointer with a magnet on the end of it to retrieve it from the bottom of the inside of the gate, then you can pull on it while pulling on the gate latch to get both ends to release it and get open!! then you can put a new c-clip or plastic grommet on that arm that fell off...let me know if that works or not?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Originally Posted by oldiebutgoodie
Hummmm, If I remember right on that year you just have a smaller plate that comes off on the inside of the tail gate to expose the back side of the open/close latch ( like 8" x 8" inch, or something like that?)......hopefully you can fit your hand & arm in there to grab the rod that fell off to pull on it to get it open...If not, get a pen pointer with a magnet on the end of it to retrieve it from the bottom of the inside of the gate, then you can pull on it while pulling on the gate latch to get both ends to release it and get open!! then you can put a new c-clip or plastic grommet on that arm that fell off...let me know if that works or not?

Welp I went out, turned truck around to pull into garage to work on the wiper situation, popped the good open and what do I see? The thermostat housing leaking yet again. I don't think it's the gaskets this time either( maybe it wasn't last time....) it looks like it is coming from the hose itself...I'll take a pic when I get back out there. Won't be trying any hard work over the next few days, my body is simply destroyed, every muscle is hurting like heck, missed school cause of it tho. Rainy days suck lol

Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Quick Reply: My Truck....