1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Another crank no start puzzle

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
dubble0c
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another crank no start puzzle

I'll first start by thanking this forum for all of the help I have received over the years from it. I have fixed more than a few problems with the help of everyone's knowledge and struggles on here and its nice to have someplace like this to seek advice. Now for my puzzle. I have a 95 Dakota 2wd with a 3.9 magnum. It will crank over but no start. Thought it was a fuel issue right away because i had spark at number 3 plug (tested out of convenience). Lifted bed and tested for voltage at plug on fuel pump to verify it was bad but no voltage on grn/blk stripe wire. Started investigating and found that fuel pump relay was not outputting any voltage on this wire. When you hit the key the relay kicks on then back off which means the fuel pump wire goes hot for a sec then back to nothing. Here is what I've checked so far. Splices are good to go continuity on both sides of splices. Relays have all been tested good. Swapped pcm with junk yard model and no dice. Looking for any help or direction to try next. I want to try another pcm in case it is bad plus I can return the one I bought since I got it from picknpull. Throw some ideas out please or maybe i'm overlooking something. Thanks

Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM
inuchan187
Professional

Check the codes on the computer by turning the key on and off 3 times, ending in the on position. write them down and post them here.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM
dubble0c

ran codes got 12 and 55. If memory serves me right they are test start and test end but maybe they mean something else.

Quick Reply: Another crank no start puzzle