DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Dakota Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-tech-66/)
-   -   My wallet is wounded! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-tech/415379-my-wallet-is-wounded.html)

onemore94dak 08-03-2018 09:34 AM

You wanna do mine next Ralph? :D

RalphP 08-03-2018 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by onemore94dak (Post 3404067)

Your what? :icon_teeth:

For the A/C ... call me and be prepared to purchase all new, or get the hoses done and rebuild with those :icon_lol:

RwP

tbugden 08-04-2018 02:00 PM

Looking good Ralph

RalphP 08-06-2018 07:17 PM

Dropped the headliner board and the visors off at the nephew's shop today.

Discovered the speedometer cable between the cruise control and the speedometer is not behaving at all. It's always been persnickety; but it's not working at all today. Ordered a speedometer cable repair kit to install tomorrow.

Le sigh.

RwP

onemore94dak 08-07-2018 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by onemore94dak (Post 3404067)

I was thinking you'd just do my whole truck with all the improvements you have done to yours :) Of course that's only if I hit the lottery.

RalphP 08-08-2018 10:28 PM

Replaced the servo/speedo cable tonight; need to pull it back out, flush the housing, and lube it going back in, but it appears to work fine.

Dual USB adapter turns on and off with ignition, so the satnav keys on and off like it should. Dashcam will tomorrow; I'm pulling current videos off before putting it up tomorrow.

RwP

RalphP 08-09-2018 11:55 PM

Drove 130 miles today.

Cruise can just about keep it at 80MPH up and down the hills in North Louisiana (I-49 from Shreveport to Ida, LA); and that's probably at least partly due to the stronger return spring making the cruise control servo work harder.

Also, it appears to be getting at least 10% better gas mileage between the rebuild and the 5W40 synthetic (Rotella T6 in case anyone's interested.)

I didn't put the dashcam up, alas; I'll TRY to mount it tomorrow AM before I head out to make a few dineros.

RwP

93 ragtop 08-12-2018 07:36 AM

Hey Ralph,

In my 87 manual, it speaks of cleaning the servo wiring connectors....... I can tell you, on mine when they are dirty, the cruise will still work, but does not hold speed.....

RalphP 08-12-2018 10:35 AM

Thanks for the hint! I'll work on those today also.

RwP

RalphP 08-17-2018 10:00 PM

Catching up:

Dashcam is on the windshield, and turns on and off with the ignition, just like the satnav does. :icon_woot:

Headliner is done, as are the sun visors.

They redid the sun visors in the carbon fiber pattern; I'll post pics after I pick them up.

Alas, it seems like the TV linkage is slightly out of adjustment; I'll probably tackle that Saturday after the grandkids leave.

(Or maybe while they're here ... never can tell.)

RwP