1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 Dodge Dakota LE EXT Cab 5.2 4x2

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 AM
RWEJR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 93 Dodge Dakota LE EXT Cab 5.2 4x2

Hello: Needing to know if some one can point me to a place I can order some upper control arm Shields for my truck, just repaired upper and lower ball joints and bushing, the shields that were on it crumbled and can't find a set any were. Please and thanks for your time.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:40 AM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hm, not sure what you mean by shields. Mine has nothing that could be described as a shield.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:50 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You mean those rubber like "curtains" that hang down from the fender liner

The following users liked this post:
RWEJR (10-05-2023)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:11 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
You mean those rubber like "curtains" that hang down from the fender liner
Yeah, that's what he means...they are mud guards, but you won't be able to find them for sale. I still have a damaged set and plan to find some conveyor belting and using the old set cut a new set. I've read people use conveyor belting, thick roofing paper, outdoor rubber carpet, rubber mats. Anything that's thick and pliable that you can cut a new set from.

The following users liked this post:
RWEJR (10-05-2023)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:29 AM
RWEJR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by robertmee
Yeah, that's what he means...they are mud guards, but you won't be able to find them for sale. I still have a damaged set and plan to find some conveyor belting and using the old set cut a new set. I've read people use conveyor belting, thick roofing paper, outdoor rubber carpet, rubber mats. Anything that's thick and pliable that you can cut a new set from.
Sorry for the confusion, that's just what I call them. Robert thanks for your suggestions that's what I will do is use the (conveyor belting) those look like it will work for what I need, thanks to you guy's for replying. have good day.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:26 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by robertmee
If you do, figure out the rate, PM me, and let's see about getting a new set for my Dakota.

I mean, rebuilt motor, rebuilt rear end, new upholstery, new A/C components ... might as well treat him!

In other news - the liquid line is NLA anywhere in the USA. I'm about to go pull a good one from the boneyard, and get the local hosing folks to make me one with new barrier hose for R134a usage.

Wish me luck on that.

RwP

Quick Reply: 93 Dodge Dakota LE EXT Cab 5.2 4x2