1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1st Gen Dakota Driver Side Door

Old 07-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Moe Fab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Gen Dakota Driver Side Door

I am looking for a driver side door latch or komplete door for my 91 dakota crew cab. The weld is messed up n now its misaligned, kausing the latch to mess up. If anyone knows where to order a new door or driver side door latch, please let me kno. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:00 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

New? Well, first you build a time machine.

Working used? Try checking out car-part.com and see what they turn up for you.

RwP

Old 07-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Moe Fab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol not brand new, but yeah i'll check em out. Thanks

EDIT: found one, thanks for the site too, good looks

Last edited by Moe Fab; 07-08-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:09 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

in So CAL??? I should be asking YOU to send me rust free sheet metal, NOT the other way around..... Here's my order---- Load up as much straight rust free sheet metal for these trucks (remember I have 2) as you can find, then add more parts, these are to fit... 97 Wrangler + a rear hatch (remember-straight!) for 01 Durango + all you can v=find for my 76-80 Volare and Aspen, wrap it in a complete rust free, older-than-1994 3/4 ton DODGE (ONLY!!) pick-em-up truck and ship to me IN THE GUT OF THE RUST BELT...… CHICAGO! (well, actually an hour south thereof)
Hey, I found a BEAUTIFUL 87 Dakota in the junkyard 5 miles away and bought the doors and fenders from it. I have no idea why this clean assed truck was even there! carbureted 3.9, shortbed but cmon now, it was even a STICK!!! I nearly cried when I saw it in there.... I asked the owner to sell it to me while it was still whole, especially since it was marked "RUNS AND DRIVES" on the windshield..... but I got there after he submitted the title to the state..... so couldn't do... another reason Illinois sucks.... but its doors and fenders will live on, mounted on my 96. I have already put the driver side on because its doors did what yours did. pass side hopefully this weekend. but that will be more challenging because I have to do some rocker panel surgery while the fender is off.... and possibly more if there is anything hidden behind....

point being if I can find good sheet metal here you should definitely have an easier time than I did.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st Gen Dakota Driver Side Door