1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

hello please save me!! door ajar switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 01:52 PM
sporco
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello please save me!! door ajar switch

thank you, i have a 95 Dakota 3.9l, runs beautiful, 1 day would not start, i found on here about the 3 wires being connected into one under the fuse box in the engine compartment under the hood that powers the fuel pump , was all corroded, replaced it and it works great, but since i have owned the truck the dome light would work intermittently or sometimes stay on very dimly whether the doors were open or not, and the door switch on the passenger side door never worked properly. so i decided to check out why, the wires were corroded off the switch was damaged so i replaced it, the new one does not even tighten against the part of the door jam where it is mounted, it is a little loose in there , not sure how to fix , isn't this a self grounding switch? and if i hook it up the part makes a small spark, the dome light goes completely out and than the fuse pops, i know its probably basic automotive electrical, but i am having a hard time remembering and wrapping my head around this one, is this a short in the ground? if i remove power quick enough the dome light comes back on and the fuse stays good, please any help would be greatly appreciated.... thank you
john

Quick Reply: hello please save me!! door ajar switch