1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

95 dakota 2.5 vaccum line

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 04:02 PM
colbyvaughn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 dakota 2.5 vaccum line

where does this vaccum hose go.i believe its causing only defrost 95 dakota 2.5.its line that is connected to my brake booster.on my vaccum diagram on the hood it said it goes to climat control

Old 10-25-2018, 08:54 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

You will love this (NOT!!!)

I've attached the picture with a red circle drawn; it goes under the hood there.

It MAY run to the vacuum canister first; not sure on your truck (not having the vacuum diagram in front of me.)

The thing is, it's broken off flush with the firewall.

To fix mine, I ended up pulling the HVAC box.

If you're skinny and limber enough, after pulling the lower half dash and the plenum chamber, you MIGHT be able to fish a new hard line through the firewall. Well, rigid nylon line anyway.

RwP

Old 10-26-2018, 06:22 AM
colbyvaughn

do i got to remove my heater core hoses or my heater core to fix it.i was flushing the heater core before this happened

Old 10-26-2018, 07:12 AM
RalphP
Champion

The hoses will come off so you can pull the box containing the heater core.

Again, unless you can get by with pulling the lower half dash and the plenum chamber to gain access to the check valve from inside.

Hrm ... Let's see if I have a pic ...

Got one!

OK - I replaced the hardlines with silicon hose. But the one on our right, going into the white check valve, is the one that's a black hard line that's broken on your truck.

IF you can get into it with the box in the truck, you might be able to avoid pulling the box.

IF. That's kind of a big IF.

IF, however, you do plan on pulling the box - go ahead and get a new heater core, a new evaporator for the A/C, and a new blower motor and replace all that while the box is out.

(That pic and more are at https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ml#post3402538 .)

RwP

Old 10-27-2018, 03:50 PM
colbyvaughn

Update:i realized the vaccum line is broken on the heater core.i decided i get me a new heater core.i can care less abour ac.so i took my heater core out.ive got it out but i need to know where all the vaccum lines go to in the heater box.95 dakota sport 2.5 manual

Old 10-27-2018, 03:52 PM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

There is a 1995 Factory Service manual in the FAQ section. You can download it.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:06 PM
RalphP
Champion

What onemore94dak said.

RwP

Old 10-27-2018, 08:24 PM
colbyvaughn

Ralph that connector that I thought was broken has 2 places vaccum lines can go but I only have one.thank for the info

Old 10-27-2018, 08:56 PM
RalphP
Champion

The other port is where it goes out to the valve in the heater line. You may not actually have anything there; check the FSM after you download it.

As to which one do you use? The one that feeds the check valve inside; IIRC, it's the one to the PASSENGER side.

*checks pics from link I posted earlier*

Yes, it's the one on the passenger side in; driver's side was out to my heater control valve on my 1988 3.9 V6. That line is plugged or capped in some later trucks; they don't use a heater control valve.

As to the other lines ... why did you take them loose? They all go with the HVAC box.

RwP

Quick Reply: 95 dakota 2.5 vaccum line