Resto update - Page 3 - DodgeForum.com

1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Resto update

Old 12-06-2018, 02:00 PM
RalphP
Record Breaker

If it helps any, I ALSO have the frame filter AND the pump mounted filter on my 1988.

Regulator is in the throttle body, though, so there's that.

RwP

Old 12-06-2018, 02:13 PM
glenlloyd
Professional

Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
If it helps any, I ALSO have the frame filter AND the pump mounted filter on my 1988.

Regulator is in the throttle body, though, so there's that.

RwP
Have been thinking about converting to the earlier pump with external filter, that's one reason for the 'door' in the bed and some new fuel lines without the nasty bends. OTOH the door, unless bolted shut, means someone could steal your pump assembly!!

Have to say when I replaced the brake lines I came back without making all those nasty bends there as well. To answer someone's question about why the bends, I think, based on the brake line bends, that it was to dodge the emergency brake cables, but in reality that was all unnecessary too.

Steve

Old 12-06-2018, 05:20 PM
RalphP
Record Breaker

Well, you CAN add the filter; I'd revert to a separate regulator, though, and put it up closer to the engine (that way, a partially blocked fuel filter won't cause a drop of pressure at the injectors). That WILL call for an older top hat and assembly, alas.

RwP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Resto update

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: