Headlights Don't Work - Page 4 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 1st Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

Headlights Don't Work

1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Headlights Don't Work

Old 01-04-2019, 03:04 PM
glenlloyd
Professional

Originally Posted by Drys View Post
I am not exactly sure. These are my lights:

Those are aero headlights, they follow the contour of the front end and look more aerodynamic, hence the 'aero' label.

Your headlights need to be sanded and polished to make them more clear, either that or you need to replace with new aero ($50 each?) or with the glass headlight options.

Cleaning those will help significantly but they're still plastic lenses and they will get crappy again over time. These headlights require maintenance.

Steve

Old 01-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Drys

Originally Posted by glenlloyd View Post
Those are aero headlights, they follow the contour of the front end and look more aerodynamic, hence the 'aero' label.

Your headlights need to be sanded and polished to make them more clear, either that or you need to replace with new aero ($50 each?) or with the glass headlight options.

Cleaning those will help significantly but they're still plastic lenses and they will get crappy again over time. These headlights require maintenance.

Steve
I'm going to save myself the trouble and just order new ones and give them a few coats of UV spray at the beginning to slow down the yellowing. Found a set on eBay for $80 for a pair https://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlamps-H...k/130667666788

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlights Don't Work

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: