1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1st gen control arms

Old 05-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Studebaker55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gen control arms

I am building a 55 studebaker truck and using a 1st gen dakota front part of chassis i was wondering if anyone makes tubular control arms for these 1st gen dakota's any help would be appreciated thanks

Old 05-14-2019, 07:32 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker

why? Whats wrong with what they came with? I have had 5 87-96 trucks, never had a problem with any of those. Yeah I just replaced the ball joints and bushings on my 92 and did my 96 last summer but there's a reason those are replaceable separately..... pretty cheap too.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:02 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker

I feel sure you are wanting them for "the look" being you are building a 55 studebaker. Sad thing is, aftermarket support for first gen. dakota's is next to none.
If you end up using the orig. control arms, you can use a poly kit for a 97 and up dakota. If you search this forum, there are threads showing how to modify the one bushing to fit....
The upper ball joint is a screw in, and is usually a job to get out....
Welcome to the forum, and it would be nice to see pictures of your project!!

Old 05-14-2019, 12:21 PM
Studebaker55

Originally Posted by volaredon View Post
why? Whats wrong with what they came with? I have had 5 87-96 trucks, never had a problem with any of those. Yeah I just replaced the ball joints and bushings on my 92 and did my 96 last summer but there's a reason those are replaceable separately..... pretty cheap too.
Nothing wrong with stock but wanting tubular due to modifying to accept air ride and tubular looks alot better

Old 05-14-2019, 12:24 PM
Studebaker55

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop View Post
I feel sure you are wanting them for "the look" being you are building a 55 studebaker. Sad thing is, aftermarket support for first gen. dakota's is next to none.
If you end up using the orig. control arms, you can use a poly kit for a 97 and up dakota. If you search this forum, there are threads showing how to modify the one bushing to fit....
The upper ball joint is a screw in, and is usually a job to get out....
Welcome to the forum, and it would be nice to see pictures of your project!!
Yes 93 ragtop mainly looking for the look and i am also doing airride

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st gen control arms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: