1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1993 dodge dakota just died lost power

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
95dakotafan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks

Last edited by 95dakotafan; 06-30-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 PM
95dakotafan
Default check engine light does come on

The check engine light does come on, any other ideas. Also, when the truck is cranked over but does not start, because it does not start , although about 2 weeks ago week ago I had a splice problem found the answer from you, fixed it, ran great for a week, had a bad storm, hit a big puddle maybe, truck stopped and still has not run, but, check engine light is on....found the the coil has power for a second or so then loses power and a click sound is heard from the relay box, thank you for you help, I'm trying to collect solutions for my brother to help me with my truck...and I found you all of you..

Old 06-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Redeemed one
Default Thank you for the direction.

Originally Posted by skip01
that happened to me and it was the splice i changed a bunch of parts and the pcm to find out it was the splice truck runs good now but whata headache
I also changed the pickup, coil, & Crnk sensor to no avail. I was faced with tracking down a wiring harness problem, but had no idea where to look. The sensor power splice a few inches from the fuse box disentigrated when I opened the harness. Praise The Lord Jesus for placing your comments on this forum. Everything is soldered back and running well. Thank you again and may God bless you.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:34 PM
Devon Farber
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clluke
WHILE DRIVING DOWN THEROAD IT STARTED LOSING POWER LIKE IT WAS RUNNING OUT OF GAS ..AFTER GETTING IT TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD IT WOULDNT RESTART.TOWED IT HOME .TROUBLE SHOOTED SEVERAL THINGS ,NOT GETTING JUICE FROM THE COIL,BUT TRUCK TURNS OVER JUST WONT START changed out coil . took the old coil and put on my other dodge and it cranks great.Also getting clicking on asd and fuel pump relay went turn ign. on . changed the crankshaf position senor too. needhelp. thank chris
Read tbrough to cps.
had swapped cps still wouldnt stsr warm mostly then not at all.
turns out alldata says its the cps harnes most ofyen.

Quick Reply: 1993 dodge dakota just died lost power