1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

No blinkers heeeeelp!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Wishihadahonda
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No blinkers heeeeelp!

Ok so i drove to corpus from riviera(about an hour or so drive) last night and no problems whatsoever i get in my truck a lil while ago to go to my buddies and I have no blinkers or hazards whatsoever. I hop out and check the lights and my tail lights and brake lights work im not sure about the front lights on account of the fact that they only work when they are "engaged". At that point im assuming fuses i checked them all good. So next stop flasher. I got a new one and swapped it and no dice. Im confused cause normally there is one flasher for the hazard and one for the blinker. I did not buy another one for this reason since i want to research a little more first.

Now someone told me that on some vehicles one bad bulb will mess up the whole blinker circuit idk if there is truth to this since in my experience it just changes the way the blinker blinks etc.....

Its a 92 dodge dakota....... ANy ideas welcome

oh yeah and it has plenty of blinker fluid and the flux capacitor is new and my muffler bearings are aftermarket

Old 09-17-2010, 12:02 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the flasher was bad they wouldn't blink just stay lit a bad bulb causes them to blink fast(atleast in my experience with these trucks). best bet would be to start checking grounds. I did manage to find out if the ground wires between the washer fluid tank and the pdc go bad then the headlights stop working and the wipers cycle and the hazards stop working on the front too.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 AM
7KINGKAOS7
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wishihadahonda
oh yeah and it has plenty of blinker fluid and the flux capacitor is new and my muffler bearings are aftermarket

Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Wishihadahonda
Professional

i may have a bad ground ive been havin issues with the truck not wanting to start on account of a ground...... hmmm

anyone have a schematic or something showing the grounds??

Old 09-17-2010, 02:20 AM
Wishihadahonda
Professional

fixed it... i got a flashlight cuz i had a hunch it was gonna be something with the wiring and sure enough it was the same thing that gives me trouble in other areas. i keep ignoring it tomorrow im gonna fix it permanately

there is a large number of wires that go into the two battery terminals. and from time to time they slip out or dont get good contact ive swapped terminals twice and i am constantly tightening them and its gettin annoying

ill figure out a fix tomorrow

Old 09-17-2010, 02:25 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes the blinkers and hazards should have a flasher each. So your missing one. And I agree it may be a bad ground.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No blinkers heeeeelp!