1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1994 dakota 3.9 fan clutch

Old 09-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Pentastar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go To Sears Hardware and in the plumbing tools section you will find a chain pipe wrench thats worked well for me. Also the Ford fan clutch wrench and pulley holder works ok but you have to open up the wrench a little bit with a grinder. Hope this helps.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Mikjary

I have a '93 V6. I went to O'Reilly's, gave them an $80 deposit and they loaned me the tool to loosen the nut. The label on the front of the carrying case said "clutch servicing tool", or something of the sort. It had two different size wrenches and a breaker bar. The breaker bar had a pivot arm attached to it to grab onto the screws on the water pump pulley. It took a little beef on the wrench and bar, but I broke it loose in a minute or so. Def the way to go! Returned it, no charge and walked out with my full deposit.

The only problem I had was the first one they sold me was less than two years old with a lifetime warranty for parts. How long is this one going to last?!!!!

Best,
Mike

Old 08-17-2011, 03:19 PM
sailorman47

The easiest way I have found is to make sure you remove the rasdiator and shroud first. Then you can use an open end wrench. Keep the belt on for additional holding strength. Should be a breeze.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 dakota 3.9 fan clutch