1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

dakota troubles :/

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:51 PM
yokaloke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dakota troubles :/

i have a 1996 dodge dakota 2wd 3.9liter v6 5sp and im having alot of problems with it

over heating
oil pressure is high
no heat from vents
headlight work for a while then shut off

those are the big ones i dont know if some are related or if each one is a different problem i just need some help trying to figure them out

any help is appreciated

Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to DodgeForum!

I moved this back to the gen 1 dakota tech discussion forum for you.

For overheating, have you checked that the thermostat is opening and the the system is full of coolant? Also check for a cracked head gasket.

For high oil pressure... how high are we talking? Is it outside the normal range? If not, don't worry about it, if it is, there could be a blockage and the engine block should be disassembled and hot tanked. You can try using an engine flush, but if there is a bad blockage, you don't want to break it all loose at once!!!

When you say no heat... do you mean no air is blowing out or the air that is blowing out is not hot? Could go back to your overheating problem. The heater core could be blocked.

For the headlights, check that all connectors, fuses, relays, etc. are all good.

Quick Reply: dakota troubles :/