1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Problem Getting the correct Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
RobertMc
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem Getting the correct Motor Mounts

Hi All,

I'm almost ready to drop the 3.9 and auto trans back in my 1990 Dak Convertible 4x4.

But Dea, Westar etc. who it seems are the same company, all have a screwed up catalog that is hampering my parts store from receiving the correct part from the warehouse.

Westar's online catalog (http://www.showmetheparts.com/westar/)
lists the part# as EM-5092 and Em-2944 but the photos show the same mount for both numbers.
Westar shipped Sturdevants (my local store) the identical mounts (with 2 different part numbers and 2 very different prices) and said that they are supposed to be the same. :P

I took photos of the original mounts photos, and sent them to Sturdevants so they could make sure they got the correct mounts. Yet Westar still insisted that we needed the same mount on both sides.... :P

Also... for some reason the Westar catalog lists a V8 5.2 for 1989 and 1990.... :P
Those mounts look exactly the same, except for the rubber running completely around the circumference of the bushing.

Westar also shows different numbers for the 1991 3.9 4x4 engine mounts

So my questions are:
Are the V8 5.2 4x4 mounts, the same as the 3.9 ? (cept for the extra rubber)

Are the 1991 3.9 mounts the same as the LA 3.9 ?

Has Anyone compared the factory mounts in person and can say they are in fact the same ?

The Sturdivants store is 3 hours away and I don't want to pick the parts up and find they are wrong. lol

How the heck can I post "before and after" photos, when I can't get to the after part ?

Old 10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
festerw
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check www.rockauto.com they show the same mount for both sides on 2WD trucks and a different mount fit the right side. I've ordered from there before and if they aren't correct at least all you have to do is ship them back.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:18 PM
RobertMc
Professional

The right front mount (part 2944) at Rock Auto is "made" by Anchor Industries
I called Anchor and they don't "make" the other side....

Dea lists mounts for both sides... they told me that autozone carries their product line. Autozone lists Duralast mounts for both sides. (special order)
I figure that Duralast is likely Dea. So that's an option.

From what I've been told.. DEA, Anchor, Westar mounts are all made in the same plant and sold under different names by those distributors.

Any know if the V8 mounts will work ? I figure if they fit... they would last longer albeit with more vibration transmitted to the frame.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
RobertMc
Professional

Got the mounts !

Huge PITA to find/get the 3.9 mounts under the "official" part #.. but...

The 1991 5.2 litre 4x4 engine mounts are the same as the 3.9L 4x4 engine mounts. Got them in stock locally and they were cheaper too.

Go figure.

Part numbers were 2983 and 2953.... those are from Anchor... like those that rock auto sells. Other brands use similar numbers.

Cheers !

Last edited by RobertMc; 10-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Problem Getting the correct Motor Mounts