1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

No start, no fuel, spark or CEL.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
ridler16
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start, no fuel, spark or CEL.

Hi all
My '94 just died yesterday in the driveway, lucky me, I though it was out of gas but no go. Check for +12v at the ASD and fuel pump relays ok except no otput to pump. jump relay and pump ok. check Notorious splice, seems po beat me to it. Check for spark none, but have +12V and +9v at coil, so back here for more research Sometime in the wee hours of this A.M. I find out I should check CEL. I did, no CEL, so I think the PCM is likely dead. I also saw a post which told me what the voltages at the PCM connector should be and on what pins but I have been searching for an hour and still cannot find that post. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know i read it here but I cant remember in what thread and can't search "PCM" cause it's too short or too common. Any help in finding that post or otherwise aquiring that info would be great.

Thx
Ridler

Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
ridler16
Amateur
Default ahhh forget it

Ahh to hell with it... just kidding. I just re-thought everything I have done since it died yesterday and I got to thinking about that ground on the power steering bracket the one I didn't check. I had to remove it to re-install thermostat from a radiator job this summer so I have heat this winter, anywho seems the installer forgot to put that particular ground back and was very lucky it died in the driveway instead of on the 10 mile trip he had already taken once with his two year old on board, in 12 degree weather. If my foot could reach behind me I'd kick that mechanics butt!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya test for power at the computer. The FAQ has wiring diagrams.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:35 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by ridler16
Ahh to hell with it... just kidding. I just re-thought everything I have done since it died yesterday and I got to thinking about that ground on the power steering bracket the one I didn't check. I had to remove it to re-install thermostat from a radiator job this summer so I have heat this winter, anywho seems the installer forgot to put that particular ground back and was very lucky it died in the driveway instead of on the 10 mile trip he had already taken once with his two year old on board, in 12 degree weather. If my foot could reach behind me I'd kick that mechanics butt!!!
lol Know that feeling, I have Mrs.Newbie to do it for me. Everytime I rave on how well the lil 3.9 (hers) runs and gets 20mpg she gently reminds me I was gonna burn it.

Quick Reply: No start, no fuel, spark or CEL.