1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Rocks n Pushrods..

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Saltys
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rocks n Pushrods..

I have a question about them...

when i put the old ones on the heads, their to the FACTORY TORQ atleast now they are, however their are some that are tight aginst the pushrods and some that have some wiggle room what could i do about this or should i jus not be worried... I kno this would cause a tick, if i ever get this engine to crank agian lol, but im no mechanic jus a kid with a dream and a wrench so any insight would be helpful.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The differences are due to some valves open some are closed and some are half way.

The Dodge manual just gives a torque to hit. But in Chevy manuals it talks about hitting the torque when the valves are closed and not open. I would suggest doing that. See if you can get a procedure for a Chevy 350 they have the same firing order. Its you turn the crank to TDC on compression then hit 8-2-5-3 intake 3-2-5 exhaust. Then turn it to TDC intake and hit 3-3-4 intake 2-2-4 exhaust. Then go by the oder to torque them down. Use Dodge torque spec though.

My numbers/order is not correct.

Quick Reply: Rocks n Pushrods..