1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Radiator Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 PM
InnerCityHillBilly
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator Compatability

Is there a second gen ram that the radiator would work in my 1993 dakota. I know that the second gens came with a 5.2 like mine, but dont know if they would be any different, or a radiator out of a 2nd gen dakota with a 5.2.
Reason i ask is i had put a whole in the orginal one that was in decent shape, but coolant leaked out after i put a whole in it. Went to a junk yard and the one i got was in rough shape, but me being me, i said why not lets give it a try, so i did and its junk, so i have to drive an hour back to the place in the morning. this time if the radiator is anything less than the one i pulled out of my truck (with out the whole) ill just take my money back and see about looking at another place

Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Rabid21
Veteran

Don't quote me on this
But I THINK the rads might be the same for the 93 Dakotas and Rams with the 318.
I had to swap my rad last year since I buggered up and cracked it on the bottom. I just pulled out the sales invoice from that purchase and with some parts they show the "Search" they did for that part. Mine shows this "93 DODGE TRUCK D,W 100-350 PICKUPS"
If you still have your original radiator I'd either bring it with you or take photos of the mounts for comparison OFC.

PS: Don't get the rad out of a Ram 50! Mounts are different lol. I know this because thats the rad they sold me the first time. You can imagine my reaction when I went to put it inside my truck and the darn mounts didn't line up.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No the Rams will not work. When in doubt check the part numbers www.autozone.com or www.napaonline.com ect, or even study the pictures. www.rockauto.com also lists the years and vehicles that part is for. It lists 1992-96 Dodge Dakota.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Rabid21
Veteran

There we go :P
Someone who knows more then me piped in.

Quick Reply: Radiator Compatability