1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

87 dakota rear lamps: change to EU version

Old 10-04-2016, 07:19 PM
vladyk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 dakota rear lamps: change to EU version

Hi, greetings from Europe,

thanks to some stupid lawmakers I need to change rear lamps of my Old Black Annie to EU standard, i.e. orange turn signal as separate bulb with no dim of brake and/or back tail. Unfortunately I found no professional solution and don't want to bastardize my lovely car using orange "frame" wedged into white cover of reverse lamp etc. And there is other problem with circuit rewiring, o.c. ...

...can anybody help? I think (and hope) I am not the first dakota user with problem like this.

Thx

(vladyk)

Old 10-05-2016, 08:49 AM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

The only thing that comes to mind and I'm not sure it will be much help, is that we had a member from Norway or the Netherlands on here a year or so ago. I do not recall his screen name maybe someone else does. Anyway if you can make contact with him he might be able to let you know how he handled the issue.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:59 AM
vladyk

Thx.

I think about compromise: ring of green LEDs under red cover, connected to front turn. The light will be orange and with the brake dim - hell, why they kick me around if f.i. new bentley has rear all red as monkey's ***...
:-)

Old 10-06-2016, 02:24 PM
enric0

Originally Posted by onemore94dak
The only thing that comes to mind and I'm not sure it will be much help, is that we had a member from Norway or the Netherlands on here a year or so ago. I do not recall his screen name maybe someone else does. Anyway if you can make contact with him he might be able to let you know how he handled the issue.

Well i am from the netherlands, But atleast here (and sweden aswell) Imported USA cars dont need the orange lights , all the imports have the original rear red indicators and white up front.

it might depends in what country you live in though.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:59 PM
vladyk

Originally Posted by enric0
it might depends in what country you live in though.
Yep, depends... unfortunately in country with stupid lawmakers. Rear red turn light is very dangerous - but only if you have no exception, of course. With note in car papers you can use light blue, perhaps. Absurdistan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 87 dakota rear lamps: change to EU version