1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

No power

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Evan Trushel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power

Hi I have a 1996 Dodge Dakota SLT 5.2 Magnum. I have recently changed the starter on the truck and now I am getting no power. I'm getting no headlights no dash lights my fuel pump will not come on my gauges wont come on my radio won't come on and my dome lights won't come on. My relay box is getting power and so is the PCU. I have also changed the ignition switch and key cylinder. I ran into this problem after replacing the starter. When the starter was going bad everything still worked. I am wondering if anybody could give me any leads to wear as what could be my problem. Thank you

Old 12-01-2017, 07:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Welcome to DF! Let me move this to the right section for ya.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:03 PM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

A few questions come to mind. How did you diagnose the starter? Did it work when you installed the new/rebuilt one? How did you diagnose the ignition switch? Did it work after you replaced it? If both items worked correctly after replacement describe how the problem you are asking about showed itself.
Have you had the battery checked to be sure it is good?