1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Console options for Gen 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 06:39 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Console options for Gen 1

My 90 Vert with bucket seats has the floor mounted console...or at least did. It wasn't in the box of parts the truck came in, and no luck with the previous owner locating it. I was able to source the plastic shell, but finding the inserts, the lid and the hinge have been problematic. One of the Mopar parts sites did list the lid and hinge in gray (I actually need red), but when added to cart was later told NLA.

I've watched CL and the J/Y's for months and no parts trucks have had consoles from Gen 1. Lot's of Gen II/III consoles out there.

So, my question is, has anyone swapped in a non-Gen 1 console? Either from a later Dak or something entirely different.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

I have. I took the one out of my fiances 98 blazer that got "totaled". So much nicer having two cup holders and real storage. I can try amd get pics tomorrow if you'd like.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:59 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Toby Warford
I have. I took the one out of my fiances 98 blazer that got "totaled". So much nicer having two cup holders and real storage. I can try amd get pics tomorrow if you'd like.
Cool....thanks Toby

Old 09-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

Guess this phone take decent night time pics. Here you go

as you can see I also took the seats out of the blazer. Being the blazer isnt as wide as our trucks, I had enough room to squeeze my cb in there. The only thing I did to the blazer console was cut some out of the very front storage so I can engage 4 wheel high. I didn't even both cutting enough for four wheel low since I never need it.

Mounting was easy too. One 5/16 self tapping screw in the back under the arm rest storage. I added the memory foam pad on the arm rest for comfort.

A lot bettee then my old bench seat and two useless cup holders if you ask me!

Old 09-12-2017, 09:20 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker

Very nice.....certainly an option! Thanks for the pictures.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Toby Warford
Banned

No problem. Glad I could try and help.