1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 01:05 AM
coldducjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!!!

hey guys

I have so many questions....haha
first off, I have a 1989 dodge dakota 4x4 v6 standard cab short bed, with an auto transmission.
now, I heard that the throttle body from a 88-89 v-8 will fit the v6, and is a power upgrade....is this true?
I was thinking about putting a 88-89 5.2l or 5.9l motor in it. or putting a 1992-newer 3.9l magnum in. what changed would I need to do for those motor options??
also, how do I figure out what front end I have. I know the rear end is a 8.25 10 bolt. but what about the front.
is the v6 tranny the same as the v8?
will I need a new computer.....what exactly do I need. I have 282,000 miles on the original motor and transmission. so when it finally dies....which doesnt EVER look like it will happen. I want a nice little hot rod dakota 4x4.
thanks for any replies everyone!!

grambo

Old 04-29-2006, 03:51 AM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!!!

I'm not one for 4x4's, so I have no clue on the front end. As for the transmissions, they are different. If you want to do a total swap out, eventually. I'd recommend an LA 360/A-518 swap. If you do a Magnum I'd go the same route engine/transmission. I just prefer old school. If you do an LA, I you may have to do a motor mount and oil pan swap. As for the Magnum, a friend of mine has one in his yard.. 89 drop top 360 magnum switch. I believe it will just drop right in.. never really went through the truck. Good luck, it's a fun swap.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:31 PM
xxelfxx
Default RE: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!!!

i think he means 318 not 518 if so it would be one bad dak that would walk on all those lightings.

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS!!!