1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Vibration in front end

Old 07-28-2007, 06:13 PM
rgwetz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration in front end

I have a 2001 Durango that has a small vibration in the front. It feels to me that it's coming from the left hand side because I don't fell or hear it as much when I sit in the passenger side. The vibration starts around 25 mph and can be felt up to around 55 mph. It also pulsates meaning it's not a contstant vibration. Another thing is that there is a growl/vibration sound when coming to a stop. It doesn't happen all the time but does most of the tiem and only noticeable around 10 mph or below. I'm not sureI've describe that accurately enough but thats what I can come up with. Has anybody ever had the TSB 030700 done. If so does my problem sound like what you experienced before have the repair done? And what is involved with TSB 030700?

Old 07-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Vibration in front end

The vibration could be an unbalanced tire but it sounds like you have more issues than that. I would say get the suspension and steering components inspected. I went to get an alignment the other day at firestone and they told me what I needed to fix in order to do the alignment with their inspection. If you go in for an alignment they shouldn't charge you for the inspection and they should be able to address all of your issues even if you can't get the alignment that day.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:05 PM
rgwetz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rotated the tires and there is no change. It's not so much a noticeable vibration through the vehicle body but more a feel in the steering wheel.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:11 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the thing inspected and they will find the problem, when I took mine to Firestone they didn't even charge me for the inspection since it was to make sure I could do the alignment (which I can't until I replace my lower ball joints and a tie rod end). hell It might just be that it needs an alignment.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vibration in front end