1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Fuses! Please help me find it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:23 PM
DurangoRT/RN
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuses! Please help me find it.

Please can someone tell me WHERE the 140 ampfuse is at? I only see the small fuses with like 50 amps or less. Other than the relay switches themselves? I have a diagram/manual, but it does not mention a fuse for 140 amps and I just DONT see one in my truck?? I'm looking in the dash area and in the power distribution center. Are fuses somewhere else too??

When looking I did see that one of my relay switches was almost half out. I plugged it back and secured the rest. Still dies...

The parts guy at the dealer says he has one (140amp fuse) in stock for my truck, but where does it go??

Gosh, I hope it's just that fuse...

2001 Durango RT 5.9 V8

Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fuses! Please help me find it.

Damn, 140 amp fuse?? The only thing I know of that this monster fuse may be tied to is the starter. I would try tracing from there? It may be a fusible link. Otherwise, I know of no device on the Durango that uses this much power. The power cable must be as big as the battery cables!

Why are you looking for this monster fuse if exists? What electrical problems you are having that suspect a 140 amp fuse?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, I know the fuse you are talking about based from another post. The 140 amp fuse is the main fuse that supplys power to the whole truck. Wow, I would guess that the wires will still catch fire and burn the D down before there is enough juice to pop a 140 amp fuse! haha. But I never seen one so I do not know where it is either. Please let us know if you find it. I would bet this fuse may be located within a fuse box that is in the engine compartment.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:23 PM
DurangoRT/RN
Rookie

I'm going to try to change out the Throttle Position Sensor,crossing my fingers that thats all it is...
Thanks!

Old 10-07-2007, 04:33 PM
niftyguy239
Professional

Kensai is right.... The fuse is loacted on both the positive and negative terminals that enter the black fuse box in the engine compartment. It literally bridges the positive and negative terminals together......

Follow the negative and positive battery cables from the battery that lead to the black box, remove the cover and the fuse sits right on top as the cables enter the black box.

Quick Reply: Fuses! Please help me find it.