1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Passenger side window intermittent. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 06:10 PM
JohnAChevelle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side window intermittent. Any ideas?

Replaced both drivers and passenger side switch. Drivers side switch always works to lower or raise passenger side window. What's in between that's causing issues? I guess it has to be between the switch and door motor?

Old 04-28-2023, 09:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Check the wiring between the doors, and the body. They like to fatigue, and break.... and sometimes you get intermittent problems....

Old 04-29-2023, 06:01 AM
JohnAChevelle

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Check the wiring between the doors, and the body. They like to fatigue, and break.... and sometimes you get intermittent problems....
I would think that the issue is inside the door between the switch and the motor?

Old 04-29-2023, 11:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

If it won't work from either switch, probably so. But, keep in mind, there are only two wires going to the motor, so, if it works in one direction, but not the other, the wires are likely good. Switches just change polarity on the wires to reverse direction.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:14 PM
JohnAChevelle

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If it won't work from either switch, probably so. But, keep in mind, there are only two wires going to the motor, so, if it works in one direction, but not the other, the wires are likely good. Switches just change polarity on the wires to reverse direction.
It works in both directions from the drivers switch. I did do a little more digging and looks the module in the drivers switch controls everything. So the passenger switch goes to the module then the module sends power to the motor. From what I understand so far. Like you were saying it could in the door to body and possibly motor to module wiring. Wish I had a wiring diagram. It could be a connector or crimp possibly as well. I'll check out that conduit between the door and body first. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Try here for wiring diagrams. Yes, it's a russian site, but I have been using it for a couple years now, with no issues.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:59 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

if it only works from the drivers door i would suspect the lockout switch to be the culprit, its stuck in the 'lock' position, or you are hitting the switch without realizing it. (this only allows the drivers door to control it the windows)

Old 04-30-2023, 05:05 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

I'm going to guess it's the motor... the brushes wear down and work intermittently before stopping altogether. Old thread of mine... https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...er-window.html

Quick Reply: Passenger side window intermittent. Any ideas?