1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Front turn signal bulb replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 AM
cyclopsblown34
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front turn signal bulb replacement.

Maybe i'm out of line here but if you are on the interweb and post a question, you are bound to get all kinds of answers ranging from step by step to a picture of midget rasslin. Sorry you got upset or offended at the replies you received. I have found quite a bit of good info on here just rooting around to see what was on here.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We cannot satisfy everyone's questions with the initial results of our answers. It all depends on how much accurate and detailed informationa userinitially post on this forum. I have been with this forum since 2003 and seen all kinds of users come and go and what they posted. From my view of users posting questions here asking for help, most of the time, the owners manual can answer up to 80 percent of their basic questions. The remaining 20 percent are recommended to have a chilton and/or haynes manual for users that needs very specific details on a repair in question.

Otherwise, in most cases, other issues can be easily explained by our users without consulting with a manual.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Durango03
Veteran

Just let Alley Pooper go. He will just be a PITA to the site.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Kensai
Champion

Also, this is too funny, he blasts us for telling him to check the manual and look what he does to get it fixed. He got a manual from the library.

At least he took shrpshtr325's advice literally even tho we get flamed by him.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Kensai
Champion

I am a very passive moderator and very tolerant of alot of things that get posted. Sometimes new users may not know how to post theirquestions accurately, or they may be those users that want a straight answer nomatter how puzzling their questions are. If Hydra saw this post, he would have a field day and problaby immediatelyput this user out to pasture after he responded back in a negative way.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

then i guess its a good thing that you responded to the post before he had a chance to see it,

Old 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
cyclopsblown34
Amateur

Last night I went home and pulled the passenger side turn assy out to see how complex it was. Dang, after three minutes I had grabbed a T10 "screwdriver" and removed the tiny screw at the bottom of the gap between headlight and side light and slid the turn/side marker assy out. Another ten minutes it was back together and the right signal was working properly. I had to find a bulb in my electrical box hence the ten minutes. Sorry to see what could be a good member get pissy and more than likely never come back.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

Ihate to beat a dead horse here but someone should sendalleyooper the extract from the following thread.

"Appreciate all the help and advice."

"Helped make informed decisions."

"This forum was very beneficial."

Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 AM
mwilly
Default Front turn signal bulb replacement

One symptom of a rapid turn signal flash may be due to a burnt out bulb, in my case it was on the driver side front signal - there are actually two in my case.
To replace it is fairly simple with the right tool. You will need a torx/star screwdriver (T-10) to remove the single screw that holds it in at the top ofthe signal lense - location is the bottom outside corner of thge headlight (was hoping to provide a picture, but appears my attachment size allowable was exceeded due to other posts). A picture would show this clearly.
The screwdriver used will need to be one that has a skinny shaft or you will risk cracking the lense. Once the screw is out, open up the hood because there is molding around the lense that has two holes that go into two studs around the signal lense that needs to be pulled out. Once they are removed you should be able to grab the lense on both sides and gently pull out evenly. There are two pressure clips on top of the lense that help hold it in. From there, it is pretty straight forward - turn the light buld socket counter clockwise and pull out of the lense, change the bulb and put back together in the opposite order.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

holy old thread man

Quick Reply: Front turn signal bulb replacement.