1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1999 o2 senser question

Old 09-14-2011, 03:24 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

hammer, Please don't cross post in various threads for the instructions. For the sake of the forum and question I will include an answer for searching purposes. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...t-go-away.html

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
It is the O2 sensor on the down pipe from the drivers side of the motor exhaust before they join together in a Y format. So get under the motor on the drivers side, observe the exhaust manifold and down pipe and where they connect together with the passenger side exhaust. Now in between these points is a O2 sensor (short for Oxygen Sensor). It will have 4 wires coming out of it and a harness that it plugs into. The harness has an arm on each side that is needed to slightly pryed up and then you can unplug the harness. Look for any oil on the harness as this could be contamination of the harness and not a bad O2 sensor.

Next you get a box end wrench (I think it is a 13/16) and loosen the O2 sensor from the down pipe. It might be rusted and need some penitration oil on it. Replace the O2 sensor with a dealer or NTK (made by NGK) sensor, I also like Desno, but do not get Bosch! Install it with a little anti-seize on just the threads (you don't need much) and it should come in the package and snug it or torque to 22 ft. lbs.

Connect harness and reset the PCM.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:27 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Old 09-15-2011, 12:30 PM
hammerman33
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
hammer, Please don't cross post in various threads for the instructions. For the sake of the forum and question I will include an answer for searching purposes. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...t-go-away.html
thanks hydra- that is the best way to explain something to me,step by step. i will let you know after i get it done

Old 09-16-2011, 12:21 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

All you have to do is ask for step by step instructions. We are more then capable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 o2 senser question