1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

46re od solenoid identification

Old 05-18-2019, 02:39 PM
JoeZwales
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46re od solenoid identification

Im new to the forums and not sure if im asking in the right spot so correct me please if not. Im having trouble with the solenoid plug going together on the vehicle side end of the business. I have a 2000 durango slt 4wd 5.9l. my trans wouldnt shift into 2 or 3 without much nursing ( no hard acceleration) ...i parked it got the governor, od/tcc sol replacement and a couple other small parts..Anyway get it all together and the plug wont go onto the new sol. its oh so close and ive inspected for debris but dont know if i should give it some extra oomph or is it wrong od/tcc part??? Ive been shifting manually and have no od so its wearing on me and the ol girl. 3rd gear spring and spd sensor and the upgraded doohickey with the plate and spring deal cant remember what its called...those were done and i also adjusted bands. Thanks guys/gals

Old 05-18-2019, 02:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Wonder if you got parts for the wrong year trans..... they changed over time, and the connectors were different. (and they mounted different too, they will *look* like they work, but, in reality, they won't.....)

Old 05-19-2019, 01:31 PM
JoeZwales
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know thats what im wondering too...apparently the 99 and 2000 is when a change to the part occurred and i did buy it on ebay so chances are decent thats it. I was hoping someone would be able to confirm this lol before i swap it out (again)...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 46re od solenoid identification