1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango questions (quick fixes?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:08 PM
FubarGrn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Durango questions (quick fixes?)

Alrighty, I need to replace my top radiator hose, I've priced them, and I'm disenchanted with the rubber replacements. I've seen a few pics around the forums showing people having an ALL-METAL flex-type version of this hose. I'm replacing this, because there is some seepage out of the hose, and my truck wants to run "hot(ER)" when the A/C isn't on. (this actually might be more to do with the FAN Relay catching on fire and melting that portion of the underhood fuse box, lol... ATM, the only way the Electric fan comes on is if I have the A/C turned on.

Secondly, my A/C is charged, but is NOT blowing cold :S It will get a tad colder when over 2K RPM, but idling, it gets real hot. Could this be linked to problem #1?

Old 06-26-2009, 04:16 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

AUX fan comes on when the A/C is engaged or the temp hits 210 on the engine only.

Take your rig to the car wash and spray out the radiator and condensor. Just open the hood and wash it out really good. Just don't bend the fins other than that have fun and remember to flush back and forth.

Also a radiator back flush might be needed.

BTW<------- I Like your handle.....LOL

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango questions (quick fixes?)