1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

03 durango rear wiper,security light

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM
trashman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 durango rear wiper,security light

Hi folks. Got to be truthful I never liked dodges.My wife bought a used 03 durango(1st gen style) in 05.It has been the best suv we have owned.No real big problems,comfortable,alright on gas.My problem is the rear wiper stoped working and secutity light came on around the same time.I found the driver side door sensor was bad I changed that and the alarm problem went away but the light won't go out.I tried to disconnect the battery a couple times that made the chime go away but not the light.My rear wiper won't work I have power at the relay and at the fuse.I ran a hot wire to the motor and it works.Is it the switch,ctm. really stumped Thanks alot

Old 12-28-2009, 12:32 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

well the switch shouldnt be too hard to check if you have a voltmeter and a little bit of knowledge about switches, but the rear wipe switch is part of the hvac control panel, which is an expensive part, the first thing i would check is the fuse for the rear wiper, if you can figure out which one it is (should be printed on the inside of the door to the fuse block) start checking for any bad fuses, the security light, i cant help with i dont have the factory security system in mine

Old 12-28-2009, 02:08 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

To reset the factory alarm close all the doors and manually lock them. While outside your truck place the key in the drivers side door and turn the key all the way to the left then all the way to the right then to the middel position and open the door. Do not use the key FOB. You must do it just like this and the factory alarm will reset.

As for your switch, have you tested output to and from the switch to ensure a good switch?

Old 12-31-2009, 06:24 PM
trashman

Thanks alarm all set but wiper still screwed.Fuses are good and relay also.Switch is working through volt meter.Connections at hatch are good no breaks.does the wiper run through the ctm ?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:06 AM
rebelboy
Veteran

wiper motor?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:07 AM
rebelboy
Veteran

does it sound like its working or is the motor shot?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:06 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Maybe a bad diode in the wiper motor. I've searched and searched in the 2003 Service Manual with nothing???????? I could'nt even find the wiring schematics or anything???????

However, in my 1998 Durango (which is a different setup) it states the module and timer are integrated into the motor and I see no CTM connection. Also in a 2000 Manual it states the same basic function with it being integrated. With that said, it appears that the motor module must have a bad diode or something.

I would replace the rear wiper motor first.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
trashman

I ran a jumper wire from the hatch light to the motor and the wiper worked.if the diode was bad would that make it not work by the switch?thanks for all your help

Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Possible back feed. Again, I don't see anything other than a bad motor or your readings are incorrect and you don't have power to your motor??????

Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
trashman

sorry I guess I did not say I have no power getting to the motor.from the switch to the hatch is the problem.but where?all fuses and relays are good.O yea my security light is on again THANKS AGAIN.

Quick Reply: 03 durango rear wiper,security light