1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
what happened to get it unstickied is that people could not keep the general chit chat out of this thread, and im not putting in the effort to clean it up again, last time i did it i posted a very clear warning that it was the last strike, and now its gone from the stickies.
so you're punishing everyone from taking pride in their rigs and talking about them? and if I'm not mistaken you were taking part in quite a bit of the "general chit chat" yourself.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by that_guy
so you're punishing everyone from taking pride in their rigs and talking about them? and if I'm not mistaken you were taking part in quite a bit of the "general chit chat" yourself.

It's NOT the general "chit chat" about our trucks that he warned us about. It was the few that took the thread off topic and added technical questions within the thread.

Of course you don't see those posts now because he went threw and cleaned up those posts and made the thread be more on topic like it should be.

I personally noticed that each time he cleaned it up it took him atleast an hour to do so IIRC one time he removed 11 PAGES of off topic crap that people posted.

As a forum we have thread titles for a reason, to keep within that topic. Not doing so only leads to people getting confused or not getting the help they need... That totally defeats our purpose of being here.

Bottom line, we where warned of what would happen and some did not listen to that warning so Sharps did the right thing.. its not fair to him to have to go thought it every so often and clean it up just because someone can't follow the rules...

Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 PM
that_guy
Champion

Originally Posted by Old_School
It's NOT the general "chit chat" about our trucks that he warned us about. It was the few that took the thread off topic and added technical questions within the thread.

Of course you don't see those posts now because he went threw and cleaned up those posts and made the thread be more on topic like it should be.

I personally noticed that each time he cleaned it up it took him atleast an hour to do so IIRC one time he removed 11 PAGES of off topic crap that people posted.

As a forum we have thread titles for a reason, to keep within that topic. Not doing so only leads to people getting confused or not getting the help they need... That totally defeats our purpose of being here.

Bottom line, we where warned of what would happen and some did not listen to that warning so Sharps did the right thing.. its not fair to him to have to go thought it every so often and clean it up just because someone can't follow the rules...
Old_School, nothing personal, but do you really find it necessary to jump on every single band-wagon you get a chance to anymore?

And he specifically said it was because of "chit chat"

Need I remind you what he said:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
what happened to get it unstickied is that people could not keep the general chit chat out of this thread, and im not putting in the effort to clean it up again, last time i did it i posted a very clear warning that it was the last strike, and now its gone from the stickies.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:10 AM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow... ok how about everyone takes a chill pill... sharp did do the right thing. he said something, no he WARNED that if general chit chat started up again it would get unstickied. there is no reason to start making personal attacks on people. its really uncalled for actually.

Old_School, nothing personal, but do you really find it necessary to jump on every single band-wagon you get a chance to anymore?
i believe one of the rules is keep it friendly... that doesn't sound very friendly to me.

sharp is the moderator and is doing his job. the thread being unstickied is not the end of the world and really isn't something to get ones panties in a twist over. those of us who have school starting back up here will be busy and i know sharp will be starting soon if he hasn't already.

people need to be responsible enough to read the rules and abide by them. the rule was broken so the thread not being stickied is the consequence...

DEAL WITH IT.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And he specifically said it was because of "chit chat"

Need I remind you what he said:

Nothing personal but do you have to whine and bitch like i little girl every time you don't get your way or someone proves you wrong??

Do you have to always copy what everyone says and act like you know what your talking about every time?

Fact is, no i don't jump on "the band wagon" every time i usually sit back and don't say a word unless i know something is right. I think that you really need to learn to read the responses carefully before you come out flaming because all you are showing us is how much of a idiot you really are..

now, if you paid attention to what i wrote you would know that i said "IT WAS NOT THE CHIT CHAT THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, IT WAS THE TECH QUESTIONS THAT PEOPLE ASKED" that should have been in there own thread to begin with..

We where warned, we didn't listen and now its gone.. plain and simple..

Now im done with this thread and since people can't resist whining about the trivial i suggest to sharps to lock the thread.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
that_guy
Champion

Nothing personal but do you have to whine and bitch like i little girl every time you don't get your way or someone proves you wrong??

Do you have to always copy what everyone says and act like you know what your talking about every time?

Fact is, no i don't jump on "the band wagon" every time i usually sit back and don't say a word unless i know something is right. I think that you really need to learn to read the responses carefully before you come out flaming because all you are showing us is how much of a idiot you really are..

now, if you paid attention to what i wrote you would know that i said "IT WAS NOT THE CHIT CHAT THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, IT WAS THE TECH QUESTIONS THAT PEOPLE ASKED" that should have been in there own thread to begin with..

Now im done with this thread and since people can't resist whining about the trivial i suggest to sharps to lock the thread.

Old_school, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I just said that because it seems like you always need to add your 2cents everywhere. I said that just because I've seen you jump into a thread just to jump in and argue with someone when you had nothing to do with the thread before that.

Now, you don't have to agree with my thinking that this thread shouldn't have been un-stickied, but that doesn't require you going out and attacking people.

Now can we stop this useless banter and get back to being an automotive forum again?

Old 09-14-2012, 01:21 PM
srch4me
All Star

Quote:

Old_school, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I just said that because it seems like you always need to add your 2cents everywhere. I said that just because I've seen you jump into a thread just to jump in and argue with someone when you had nothing to do with the thread before that.

Now, you don't have to agree with my thinking that this thread shouldn't have been un-stickied, but that doesn't require you going out and attacking people.

Now can we stop this useless banter and get back to being an automotive forum again?
Actually you started attacking and making assumptions.. Threads unstickied so stop bitching

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 PM
that_guy
Champion

not in the past

Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

ANYWAYS, Keep the pics of your 1st Gen Durangos coming!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:25 PM
that_guy
Champion

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
ANYWAYS, Keep the pics of your 1st Gen Durangos coming!

Quick Reply: Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!