DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-durango-69/)
-   -   bad computer?????? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-durango/233115-bad-computer.html)

shrpshtr325 03-07-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by hydrashocker (Post 2033422)
Smart a$$......LOL

Actually it's miss spelled as "Computer" Dr. Sharps!......:icon_couchhide:

lol im aware, just giving you a hard time

Originally Posted by thorze (Post 2034664)
A thousand pardons to the Mopar faithful!!!! I changed a speed density ford to mass air and it is stuck in my head, aven though I changed the PCM in my own Durango LOL I'll get it right eventually.

Okay so I told her to start at the alternator and then check all grounds first. Then she told me the whole story :icon_doh: I hate that!! So apparently she is having the tranny replaced as the og went out. In the meanwhile, it has been intemitently(spellcheck Dr. Sharps) has not been starting guages dead, no fuel pump, no codes, but she has not seen "NO BUSS" yet and mileage in odometer has not blinked with KOEO like mine did. Fuel pump replaced twice and relay replaced no help. 3 140 amp fuse blew one after another when installed. Hope this helps the diagnosis. Should the start still be at the alternator then grounds then possible PCM replacement or could there have been issues caused by the tranny swap??
Thanks again all wise ones!! Your help is always greatly appreciated :icon_angel:

isnt it great when you only get part of the story, and dont worry, you are safe, i only bust on the guys who have been here a while and who i know better (hydra, dan, duranged . . .)

Originally Posted by hydrashocker (Post 2034975)
:icon_crackup: LMAO @ Dr. Sharps....... :icon_spitball:

Ok, there is a serious short. You are going to have to find out what is causing the fuse to blow first. You might have to pull everything out (take picture first) then slowly replace to narrow down the area of draw or do a continuity to ground to possibly find it.

A wiring loom may have been pinched during install of the transmission.

yea, idk where he gets the idea im a doctor from either lol

Originally Posted by fascistfaction (Post 2033275)
Alright mr. (enter name of southern florida city here) Son,
FF

hmmmm is it ORLANDO?????? :D (yea i know what you meant, but hydra isnt a newb, and hes the only one that i do this to . . . )

hydrashocker 03-07-2010 01:54 PM

LMAO Sharps!

shrpshtr325 03-07-2010 01:59 PM

i try :D

Chemuza 03-10-2010 06:50 PM

Update on my vehicle. Finally got a refurbed PCM installed and it fired right up. Thanks again for all of your help everyone.

hydrashocker 03-11-2010 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chemuza (Post 2041783)
Update on my vehicle. Finally got a refurbed PCM installed and it fired right up. Thanks again for all of your help everyone.

Thanks for the update!

shrpshtr325 03-11-2010 10:34 PM

woot! glad to hear you got it working, and glad we could help