1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

In-Dash DVD/GPS Nav System -- '00 R/T

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 04:49 PM
AfghanVet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-Dash DVD/GPS Nav System -- '00 R/T

Hey,

Essentially a first-time poster here. I picked up my second D last fall before a deployment to Afghanistan. First one was a 98, this time around an '00 R/T. Got a great deal, runs great, no complaints.

My girl back home has been doing some upgrades to it while I'm away, but she's been stymied by trying to find an appropriate in-dash DVD/GPS Nav unit that will fit.

Now, my internet here really sucks - it took me nearly a half hour to log into the forums. I'm not having a lot of luck with google. I'm hoping someone here has a bit of experience with this, and can advise as to a model or two that will fit without too much modification. I tried doing a forum search, but wasn't having much luck with that, either.

Ideally looking for a system that does GPS Nav, DVD, possibly Sat Radio...

Appreciative in advance,

Jason
(in Kandahar City)

Last edited by AfghanVet; 04-10-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling, clarity
Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, Thanks for your service...My brother is either over there now or about to be. Maintenance Warrant Maine NG. Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

My recommendation would be the Kenwood KVT 514. Flip face, has the add on for GPS and Satellite radio. DVD, Bluetooth, back up camera, Ipod/MP3/USB, subwoofer AMP etc....

My version is like this. Kenwood KVT514/KENWOOD GNA510 GPS ADD ON (GARMIN BASED)
GARMIN GXM 30 ANTENNA (Allows XM RADIO, TRAFFIC AND WEATHER) PM me if you want photos.

This model is capable of either XM or Sirius but not both.

DVD, USB, Ipod HD RADIO READY, although I don't have the tuner yet.

Prices from Amazon ($700, includes the Garmin GPS add on)
($200 for GARMIN GXM 30 Antenna, yes pricey but remember one antenna for RADIO, TRAFFIC and WEATHER) (I believe $100 for just the XM tuner and antenna.

$15 for back up camera, enroute.

When you get internet feed.. GOOGLE KENWOOD KVT 514, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Here are some major things to check for. 1. SAT READY (XM OR SIRRIUS) Some models are either one or the other, but most SATELITTE READY ususally works either or.

Good Luck

Old 04-10-2010, 05:41 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

anything that is single din or 1.5 din will fit (usually have a popout screen) its alot about what you like

Quick Reply: In-Dash DVD/GPS Nav System -- '00 R/T