1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Do You Know of Any Good Repair Shops?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 PM
johnsonldurango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Know of Any Good Repair Shops?

I am at a time where my durango would rather be a trailer queen without all the bells and whistles. Basically I was wondering if we could start a thread of good or reliable shops that you have had a good experience with. I think it would help out old and new members in the future who are located to other Dodge enthusiast. I tried the search and saw a couple of post but not anything like this.

Shop Name:
City/State:
Speciality:
Additional Info:

Old 04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll give it a shot:

Shop Name: Lelis Transmissions
City/State: Salt Lake City, Utah
Speciality: Transmissions and custom builds
Additional Info: Brian Lelis is the owner and stands 1000% by his work but you pay for it. He also builds motors and ect. http://lelistransmission.com/

Shop Name: Advance 4X4
City/State: Salt Lake City, Utah
Speciality: 4X4 Transfer case, and drive systems.
Additional Info: Randy http://www.advanced4x4vans.com/

Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

Miltons Auto Service
Chantilly, VA
General repair foreign/domestic.

Milton helped me with Water Pump, Trans filter including changing to the MAG HYTEC pan
and Passsengers side CV Axle and hub bearing.

Reasonable prices, efficient and he has people skills. During my water pump R/R I was on nights. I had a 8am show for the water pump he let me use his own vehicle so I could go back home and get a few more hours of sleep. Milton will also allow you to bring in your own parts if you think they are better and no questions for installing. Milton also has his local sublets for other repairs like state insections and got me a pass with Hub Bearings that was just starting to go but within limits. I passed inepsection and r/r the hub/bearing in October prior to my Minneapolis Move.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

Fury Motors, St. Paul, MN
Dealer

I went there on a couple of occasions.

1. To check a A/C leak (Not freon, just condensation leak into the cabin.) Turned out to be wiring protector acting as a rain gutter allowing rain to go from the roof down the door channel along the wiring wrap and draining out on to the passenger floor. A few minutes of helpful observation from the service advisor and I was on my way.

2. Radiator filler neck. During my saga of the radiator last fall, I purchased a extra radiator filler neck assembly as a precaution with the understanding that it could be returned at any D/C/J dealer. I kept it for 6 months and didnt have to use, so I tried to return it. I wasnt able to get the return but I was able to use it as barter in a trade for some center caps that I needed, so with the exchange the $45 center caps only cost me $9.62

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do You Know of Any Good Repair Shops?