1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1999 Durango Shift Lever/Cable parts issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
ericscave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Durango Shift Lever/Cable parts issue

My shift cable has disconnected from the shift lever at the tranny...no problem. The little clamp/device that fits down over the pin on the shift lever to hold on the cable is gone, and the cable wont stay on. Problem.

The notch that holds the clamp on the pin is recessed, so not just any clamp will do. Where the heck do I order this little piece? All I talk to at parts stores are looking at me like i just grew an arm outta my forehead. Help!! Got it zip-tied for now, but that is a one day fix.

Below is my best shot at MSPaint to illustrate the idea.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:36 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it's a C Clip like this or a double style but I can't go out and look for you cause I don't have a Durango.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:04 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That "c clip" is called a keeper. Dunno if that is the right answer for the OP, but it is the right name for the part.

Take a pix OP of the part so I know what you are looking for and I can look under mine to let you know.

IndyDurango

Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
neogeo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usually you will find stuff like that in the help sections in parts stores, the computer readers look at you funny cuase thats all they know how to do, there is no real parts people anymore just someone that can look at a computer screen and if it dont tell them what to do they are lost. you can also try ace hardware. if all else fails try the dealer they can bring up an entire exploded view of the whole thing with all the parts and parts numbers and should be able to get it, they will need the last 8 or 6 digits of your vin number

Old 09-07-2010, 03:23 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I just looked at my Ram and this is the way it is. The end of the cable has a cup type snap on head kind of like on the Throttle Body. It just snaps on and your done with it. If yours is broken then you need to replace the cable.

Name:  100_5236.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  56.3 KB

+1 on going to the dealership and looking at their full break down. You can even ask them print off a sheet for you that shows the exact fit if needed.

Quick Reply: 1999 Durango Shift Lever/Cable parts issue