1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Creanking Noise from Front of '03 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 AM
laz45
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ty Hydra,Way better price than the Tef-Gel(it's around $16 for a 1.5 ounce syringe)
It's REALLY good anti-corrosion/anti-seize but it's ridiculous for general use.I picked a jar of Reese yesterday at Rose Marine,only $4.85. Turns out it's a favorite with the marine mechanics in the boat yards here,diesel and gas.....Thanks again

Old 09-11-2011, 01:08 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya, I don't know if if it's better or not but it works for me and a lot of other mechanics. I just can't see spending that kind of money for that little of a tube when you can get something that is made of close to the same ingredients and you can use it for your tow ball and EQ hitches along with many other uses.

The stuff I realy don't care for is that dry lube aerosol like Teflon or Silicone based. Now when I'm rebooting spark plug wires the Silicone based one works well, but lately I've just spit on it.........LMFAO........Hey it works!

As for light oils on various household projects like hitches and fans, I've been using 0W-20, sowing machine oil, swamp cooler bearing oil, and penetrating oils.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:48 AM
laz45
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA HA!!!!! SPit,the old tried n true....I'm about the same around the house.I have a couple fav's (P.B.Blaster)but we all do...On plugs and elec connectors I used a dielectric if possible.I treat almost everything the same as with marine applications,just because I live on the coast, salt air=#1 killer of elec conn's and grounds....Agreed on the price of the Reese against the stuff I have,I try to only use when/where needed so your tip is going to save me a lot.
Ty Again

Quick Reply: Creanking Noise from Front of '03 Durango